The baby’s skin is very thin, delicate, and sensitive, so it requires very careful and tender care. This rule applies to everything, and it should be used even when choosing ordinary diapers. So, how to find diapers which are best for your baby and his/her health?
Diapers are indeed a must-have today, as they give your baby the feeling of freshness, possessing absorbing properties and being very convenient to use. However, nowadays, the market for diapers offers such a huge variety of products that you do not know where to look first. How not to get lost and buy high-quality diapers for your baby?
Well, before purchasing diapers in the store, you should at once assess the product by several parameters, namely:
Let us discuss each item in more details:
1. When it comes to the diaper manufacturer, everything is just simple: it is important to choose a well-proven and well-regarded product – though not the cheapest one, but having confirmation of safety, efficacy, and quality.
2. When choosing the size of diapers, please remember that in this matter you should be guided by how much your baby weighs. Thus, you need not only to decide on the right design but also estimate the baby’s weight category:
Of course, the above weight limits are too approximate, as every child is unique, and the sizes of his/her bottom and belly are individual. So, how to know that the diaper fits your baby perfectly? In order not to miscalculate, you can be guided by the following rule: a thin baby (small body constitution) – take the product with a smaller size, a chubby and plump baby – take a bigger diaper. It is essential that the chosen nappy does not rub and compress your baby’s delicate skin. The diaper should fit tightly to the baby’s body, but at the same time, there must be enough space so you could easily place your finger between the belly and the diaper’s belt.
3. Be sure to note how many diapers are in a package. If you are using this product for the first time, it is better to buy a smaller package – in such a way you will protect yourself from unnecessary expenses in case the diaper’s size does not fit or the diaper causes an allergic reaction in your baby.
4. Before buying, check the shelf life of the product – it shall in no case be expired, otherwise diapers will lose all their properties. The usual shelf life of such products is 2 years. Always check with a salesman the special quality certificate for diapers.
5. Remember that this product must be hundred-per-cent intact: the package of diapers must not be damaged. Diapers are usually stored in dry and cool places (not in the kitchen, balcony, or bathroom) – they are “afraid” of increased humidity and rapid change of temperature.
You should never buy diapers by the piece, “to try” – nobody can guarantee that this product was stored under appropriate conditions and that nobody touched it. When buying diapers also pay attention to the information contained on the package – it must be written in the language of the country, where you purchase the product.